What are you holding onto?
Are you holding onto it, or is it holding onto you?
But I can’t let go!
What will it take to get you to let go of it or get rid of it?
It’s too difficult!
Sometimes it is difficult to let go of something. This is especially true when we are not sure of the consequences of letting go.
And believe me. There are consequences, whether good or bad.
How can you know that it is time to let go?
- Thinking about letting go takes up most of your day.
- Your productivity takes a nosedive.
- You find that the little things that you used to love are now as annoying as all get out.
- Listening to other people talk about their great lives causes the little green monster inside of you to burn.
- You are plotting your escape route even as you are reading this post.
It can be hard to let go, but sometimes letting go is exactly what you need to do.
I don’t know if I can live with the consequences.
Prepare to live with the consequences of letting go by preparing for your escape in advance.
- Save money if you plan to leave a job.
- Have a place to go if you prepare to move out of your current situation.
- Plan what you are going to say if you are preparing to let go of past hurts by talking to someone.
And most of all. Get Messy!
What are you waiting for? What are you holding onto that needs to go?